Daisypath Wedding tickers

Friday, February 18, 2011

The Sweetest Proposal


February 14, 2011 marks our relationship’s 11th Anniversary. Pardon the incomprehensiveness of my writing today, for I am still floating with clouds of the heavens even after days have passed.

Yes, it was Valentine’s Day. How cheesy it may seems, I said I love you to him 11 years ago during Valentine’s Day inside the St. Frances room of Flos Carmeli Institution of Quezon City when we were both in 3rd year high school. It felt to me that it was the right moment to start a relationship with this funny, ever mapang-asar, not-so-serious looking guy and tall basketball varsitarian.

We’ve been through a lot, believe me. Through high school, being a teenager and with our raging hormones and pimply faces it is impossible to have not gotten through a lot. Through college, we have shared the same thoughts on our career but of course it was not always easy. Through our career days, we braved the industry with our skills and experience and stayed together as we met challenges on each of our career paths.

Then back to the present. Through out the Valentine weekend I was sick with flu, colds and cough making it unnecessary for me to enjoy the week. I just thought of going to work on Monday and all will went well with Valentines and my Meds beside. On my way to work, Momon pinch my tagiliran with a tickle and I suddenly felt some sprains on my back, thinking maybe it was because of my flu but blaming him all the way na it was his fault, “naipitan tuloy ako ng ugat, ikaw kasi eh”. At the office, I remember even putting my YM status to “may labnat @_@”. A very in season shout out about love and what I have right now, a flu. That same day, I remember jokingly sending a message to Momon via Skype “nu ba yan lubi, tagal ng delivery mo sakin ah” – pertaining to some flowers usually delivered to the office. Me being so unaware of what comes ahead.

I went out of the office as early as 5PM since I was half expecting a fine dinner that Momon have arranged for our Anniversary. On my way to our Pioneer meeting place, where he usually picks me up going home, I came across a bake shop at Robinson's. I bought some Heart cakes for Momon and Mama, and some cookies for Nica too. I honestly haven’t prepared any for Momon since I was really not feeling well. I am expecting to have him shop at DataBlitz na lang for his wanted PS3 games. When he came by at Pioneer, I went inside the car (on the move) and gave my greetings, hugs and kisses together with the heart cakes. He, ofcourse was again joking about the heart cakes being it like coming from Mister Donut lang daw. Hahaha! “Excuse me, hindi noh!”. Then he have me closed my eyes and not to peek. Then voila! 



A Spruce bouquet in Sinamay wraps and tangled by wide red ribbons of the biggest Red Holland Roses I have ever seen are in front of me. I was surprised!! Believe me. And partly ashamed of what I just had for him, some yummy chocolate cakes.

Then we are off to somewhere I have no idea where. We are just driving along EDSA and passing by Megamall (I’m supposed to buy you a gift here), Dads, and lot of restaurants. I’m getting curious now. Where am I headed to? Momon then told me that we should head to the Enso Spa first and have some massage due to my back pain. I then said Okay. Enso Spa has been one of our Friday relaxation get away in the city for so long now. I even insist on bringing my bunch of roses at the Spa. I was thinking, sayang naman kung hindi makikita ng ibang tao ang ganda nya. But Momon, is very reluctant of the idea. Okay fine. Hindi ko na iaakyat.

Routinely we went inside the Couple’s Room and I took a shower then headed for the Sauna Room. Normal . Everything seems normal. Until…

When I went inside the Sauna Room, there was a bouquet of 3 dozen red roses from Spruce again. As in ang dami! 

I was shocked! And he said “Surprise!” I remember saying pa na, “Naku kunin na natin ung flowers baka masunog sa loob ng Sauna", I went inside to get the flowers, and noticed. Grrr… Hindi naman naka-open yung Sauna Heater. You got me there! It seems he’s been coordinating with someone from the Spa. It was the greatest Valentine’s day and Anniversary to date na at that moment. I heard him call the Spa Attendants to arrange the aromatherapy incense na kasi mag start na yung massage while I was inside the Sauna.

While in the Sauna, Momon told me “ Tara gabi na, mag dinner pa tayo with Daddy.” So we’re indeed having dinner pa pala with his family later. So, Okay. I went out of the Sauna and went to the massage room na. You know massage beds right that has a hole for the head to peek when the therapists are working on your back? Those are present in the massage room. So I prepared myself. Momon said, “Oh ready ka na?” – Assuming at that time he was asking if I’m ready na for the massage to start so he can call on the therapist na. So, sabi ko, Oo. 

Then I plunge to dive into the bed face down. And then STOP! Everything freezed. Midway when my head was about to fit into the hole, I was shocked – to the highest level it is. For what I saw, put my guards off me. There is a paper scripting with lighted candle, surrounded by red petals of roses.


And in the middle, yes in the middle, there was a red box with something sparkling with the reflected light from the candle. 


It was a diamond ring, and the scripted paper says “Will you marry me?”. Everything went blurry, and I cried with shock, happiness and love. I burst into tears and hugged him so badly. 

I was crying non-stop. When I heard him say, “Anu na?”. Hahaha! I was like so baliw na at that time, that I laugh and cry and smile and say, “Yes!” He then give me a note that is supposed to be in the 3 dozens of roses, saying “Thank you for saying Yes!!!”

  

The entire night was a blast. For me it was unexpected. I excitedly told the story to my Mom and siblings. It seems the day wouldn't end and before I retire to bed that night, I took a picture of what transpired that day. It was a blast and I wasn't able to sleep well all night due to excitement. =)



Best day ever… That is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment